Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Possible Lesson Plan

In collaborating with my cooperating teacher, I have discovered that the students are currently learning about different types of weather. As we planned and discussed, I immediately thought of using Garageband to compile a number of mp3 clips of different weather sounds, (like thunder, rain, and wind) and space them out in 15 second intervals. I would then export my final project to iTunes, where I could use the clip to play during an activity that follows a discussion/instruction on the various types of weather. After the discussion, each of the students would be handed a worksheet that presents a number of labeled pictures of weather in one column that is adjacent to another column comprised of blank lines. As students hear each sound from the clip I have created, they will write a number "1" next to the labeled picture that best represents the sound they heard, a number "2" next to the labeled picture that best represents the second sound they heard, and so on. After all the sounds have been played, we will go over the worksheet as a class.

1 comment:


Me and my Hubby

Discovery News - Animals

National Geographic News